Build a Home Automation System
Learn Raspberry Pi, ESP8266, Arduino and Node-RED. This is a premium step-by-step course to get you building a real world home automation system using open-source hardware and software.
It’s time to learn Home Automation
With a focus on simplicity and readability, this course will have you building a complete Home Automation System for under $100 in no time!
Together, we will go through the basic concepts and by the end of the course you’ll have a fully functional home automation system that you can use to control and monitor your home from anywhere in the world.
We will use popular boards, such as, the Raspberry Pi to act as the main server. We will also use the ESP8266 and the Arduino to perform multiple tasks around your home.
Why the course name?
The course is called Build a Home Automation System for $100, because you will only need less than $100 of components to complete the course. You’ll need a Raspberry Pi, an ESP8266, an Arduino, various cheap sensors and actuators and assorted electronics components (like resistors, LEDs, wire cables and breadboard).
What’s inside the course?
How to build an entire Home Automation System from start to finish.
- Use Raspberry Pi, ESP8266 and Arduino boards
- Use Node-RED, Node-RED Dashboard and Linux commands
- Establish an MQTT connection with multiple devices in your network
- Control any device, outlet or lamp
- Read sensor data (temperature, humidity, luminosity and more)
- Trigger events based on sensor data, time and set modes
- Display your data in gauges and charts
- Build a smoke and motion detection system with email notifications
- Make your dashboard password protected and accessible from anywhere in the world
- And much more – check below for a full description for each Module
The Course Modules
A colorful 336 pages long PDF with step-by-step instructions, all the source code, detailed schematics and screenshots that are easy to follow. Build a Home Automation System for $100 Course has 14 Modules inside and it was updated in 2018.
Each module breaks down a specific concept of the Home Automation system and allows for quick referencing in the future.
With easy step-by-step tutorial you can learn how to automate your home in a couple of afternoons! Here’s the Table of Contents:
- Module 1 – Getting Started with the Raspberry Pi
- Module 2 – Installing the Operating System
- Module 3 – Getting started with Node-RED
- Module 4 – Experimenting with MQTT
- Module 5 – Designing the Graphical User Interface
- Module 6 – Connecting the ESP8266
- Module 7 – Controlling Outlets/Lamps with the ESP8266
- Module 8 – Reading Temperature and Humidity, Detecting Smoke and Motion with the ESP8266
- Module 9 – Accessing Node-RED Dashboard From Anywhere in the World
- Module 10 – Connecting the Arduino
- Module 11 – Controlling Outlets and Reading Sensors with the Arduino
- Module 12 – Adding Rules and Triggering Events
- Module 13 – Extra 1 – Information that might be useful for this course
- Module 14 – Extra 2 – Getting Started with Linux
[NEW GUIDE] How to Use SONOFF with Node-RED
In this guide, you’re going to learn how to use the Sonoff device with your home automation system. The Sonoff is a device that you put in series with your power lines allowing you to turn any device on and off. First, you’re going to install the default app that comes with the Sonoff device. Later, you’ll learn how to integrate the Sonoff with Node-RED.
[NEW GUIDE] Surveillance Camera with Pi Camera and Node-RED
In this guide you’re going to build a low-cost surveillance camera with the Raspberry Pi Camera module and Node-RED. You’ll build a web application with Node-RED that streams your video onto the Node-RED Dashboard. This is an easy way to add a surveillance camera to your home automation system.
[FREE BONUS] Ultimate Guide For Arduino Sensors/Modules
This guide contains step-by-step instructions + schematics + code + other resources for popular Arduino sensors and modules.
Module 8 – Sneak Peek
Here’s a sneak peek of how your project looks like by the end of Module 8 (watch the video below):
AS SEEN ON…
Package with eBook + 28 Videos
- All 14 Main Modules (download eBook in PDF) – It was updated in 2018
- Watch All 28 Videos (14 Video Tutorials + 14 Video Demonstrations)
- [NEW GUIDE] How to Use SONOFF with Node-RED
- [NEW GUIDE] Surveillance Camera with Pi Camera and Node-RED
- [NEW GUIDE] Ultimate Guide For Arduino Sensors/Modules
- Source Code, Full Schematics, and Unlimited Updates
- Exclusive access to the Private Facebook group where you can ask me for help and interact with other members
Backed by a 60 day 100% money-back guarantee
If you don’t like the course, I don’t want your money. Seriously, that’s why I offer a 60 days money back guarantee. Email me here and I will promptly refund all your money. No questions, no hassles – it’s that simple.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, I often update all my courses, so everyone who purchases gets free lifetime updates. You’ll also have access to future content that we’ll be adding to the course.
Well, if you don’t like it, I don’t want your money. Seriously, that’s why I offer a 60 days money back guarantee. Email me here and I will promptly refund all your money. No questions, no hassles – it’s that simple!
If you still have questions after reading this page please email me here. I’ll do my best to answer your questions.
This course is perfect if for:
- Beginners – If you’re just starting using this module this course is perfect for you, because I’ll start from the very beginning and you’ll learn everything you need to know
- Makers/DIYers – If you love making things, this course is perfect for you. You’ll design several circuits and projects
- Hobbyists – If this is your hobby and you like to make projects in the weekends or late at night, this course is perfect for you. It has everything you need to know, so you don’t spend a ton of time looking for the right information in the wrong places
See what others are saying