A few days ago I announced that I wrote a book called BeagleBone For Dummies for Wiley Publishing Inc.. This book took more than 7 months to complete.
Me and my good friend Luís Perestrelo put a great deal of effort to do our best work possible.
It was very challenging, but I’m happy to announce that you can finally order a copy of my book today.
But what’s the BeagleBone?
For those who don’t know, the BeagleBone is a powerful, versatile development board. In my opinion is one of the best Raspberry Pi alternatives in the market today.
About BeagleBone For Dummies
This book is a powerful yet friendly guide to putting the BeagleBone to work, so you can turn your ideas into real projects. You’ll discover how to connect to the BeagleBone, load Linux on it, and program in it, building and programming circuits to actually create things as you go.
If you’re not sure the BeagleBone is the right board for your next project you can take this four part series tutorial called Getting Started with the BeagleBone Black.
Who’s this book for?
This book is for anyone interested in electronics that is just getting started with the BeagleBone or likes similar development boards such as the Raspberry Pi. Or for someone who recently outgrew the Arduino board and wants to do more.
Here’s what’s inside this book:
You can go to Amazon and read a preview of the book, but here’s the Table of Contents:
- Part I: Getting Started with the BeagleBone
- Chapter 1: Introducing the BeagleBone
- Chapter 2: Installing the Operating System
- Chapter 3: Connecting Your BeagleBone
- Part II: Covering the Basics
- Chapter 4: Introducing the Linux Shell
- Chapter 5: Designing Circuits
- Chapter 6: Introducing Digital Electronics with the BeagleBone
- Part III: Programming with BoneScript
- Chapter 7: Introducing BoneScript
- Chapter 8: Experimenting with BoneScript
- Part IV: Programming with Python
- Chapter 9: Introducing Python
- Chapter 10: Experimenting with Python
- Chapter 11: Mastering the Art of Coding
- Part V: Turning Your BeagleBone into a Desktop Computer
- Chapter 12: Using Your BeagleBone Black as a Desktop Computer
- Chapter 13: Building Your Website
- Part VI: Playing with the BeagleBone
- Chapter 14: Building Your First Project
- Chapter 15: Running Your Home Automation Web Server
- Part VII: The Part of Tens
- Chapter 16: Ten Amazing Projects for the BeagleBone
- Chapter 17: Ten Resources and Tips for BeagleBone Users
- Appendix A: Troubleshooting
- Appendix B: Controlling BeagleBone’s GPIOs
- Appendix C: Guide to the BeagleBone’s GPIOs
In summary, open the book and find:
- Step-by-step guidance to setting up a BeagleBone
- A crash course in Linux
- Amazing things the BeagleBone can do
- How to navigate the desktop environment
- Python programming instructions
- Directions for a household monitoring system
- Great ideas for BeagleBone projects
- Resources and tips for making the most of the BeagleBone
Where to buy your copy?
It doens’t matter where you live you can get BeagleBone For Dummies from most online book stores.
I personally recommend purchasing your book through Amazon.
Here’s the link: Click to see BeagleBone For Dummies – Paperback
Here’s what a reader is saying:
If you grab one copy of my book, you’re not only supporting my but ensuring that I can keep creating more free tutorials in the future.
Thank you for reading! I’ll be posting more tutorials on the ESP8266 very soon.